How to Export Yahoo Emails to EML File?
Yahoo Mail is one of the oldest web-based email clients. Many people use Yahoo Mail to manage their emails. It is a free web-based email service provider that allows users to store 1TB of data. But over the period, many people faced different issues with their Yahoo Mail account. Due to this, many users want to export Yahoo emails to other email clients.
EML is a file format used by different email programs like Microsoft Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc. Therefore, many users want to opt for the services of these incredible email clients. EML files are generally simple plain text files that can be accessed in Notepad or a web browser by changing the file extensions.
Apart from this, some other reasons induce the need to save yahoo emails as EML files. Let’s move on to some possible reasons that increase the demand to convert Yahoo email to EML.
Why Do We Need to Export Yahoo Emails to EML?
Many users have some issues with their Yahoo Mail account. It increases the demand to migrate their Yahoo emails into some other email providers. Following are some reasons that a Yahoo Mail user prefers EML-supported email clients.
- Yahoo Mail accounts are vulnerable to malware attacks. Therefore, to prevent the file data, many users want to convert Yahoo mail to EML.
- Many times users have reported that their Yahoo accounts were hacked and that causes breaches in their file data.
- Users can easily access the EML files into Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera by changing its file extension from (.eml) to (.mht).
- EML files are simply plain text files, hence a user can easily open them in a text editor application like Notepad.
- A user can easily export the EML files for archiving and storage purposes.
- You can scan these EML files that include attachments with an anti-virus before opening.
These are some reasons that insist users to download Yahoo mail to EML. Now, let’s discuss the methods that help to export Yahoo emails to EML.
How to Save Yahoo Emails As EML File Format?
You can convert your Yahoo email to EML by synchronizing your Yahoo account with EML-supported email clients. After that, you can download each email that will save in EML file format. The two methods that will help you to export Yahoo emails into EML file format are:
- Configure Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird email client.
- Transfer Yahoo Mail to EML by using professional software.
How to Configure Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird?
You can configure your Yahoo Mail account by using either IMAP or the POP3 feature. To migrate Yahoo emails to Thunderbird, you need to perform the following steps.
- Launch Thunderbird and then enter your name, email address, and password.
- After that, click on the Continue button.
- Now, check on the IMAP (remote folders) option and select Manual Configuration.
- Then, enter the following server settings:
- Incoming: imap.mail.yahoo.com – Port: Either 993 (SSL) or 143
- Outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com – Port: Either 25 or 465 (SSL)
- Now, click on Re-test. If the details are correct then click on the Create Account option.
- Finally, you have configured your Yahoo mail to Thunderbird.
- Click on the Read Messages options to verify your emails with Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Now, you can easily access your Yahoo emails in Mozilla Thunderbird email clients.
Limitations of Manual Technique
Manual methods are free to use but there are some limitations to export Yahoo emails into Thunderbird. Some of the limitations encountered by the user to execute this manual technique are:
- It takes a lot of time and effort while configuring your Yahoo Mail account in Thunderbird.
- You need some technical knowledge while executing this process.
- Minor errors in server settings can affect the Yahoo Mail data.
Best Method to Transfer Yahoo Emails to EML
You can opt for a direct method to overcome the limitations of manual technique. It includes a Yahoo Backup Tool that is a quick solution to export Yahoo emails. Some of the prominent features of this utility are:
- It has a user-friendly interface that is compatible with both technical as well as non-technical users.
- This software allows you to convert the Yahoo emails into various file formats including, EML, PST, MBOX, CSV, PDF, MSG, and HTML, etc.
- You can also migrate Yahoo mails into Office 365, AOL, Gmail, Thunderbird, and other email clients.
- It maintains high data integrity and maintains the Folder and Subfolders Hierarchy.
- This software runs smoothly on any version of Windows.
These are some key features of this Yahoo Backup software that attract users to download Yahoo mail to EML. Now, let’s move on to the detailed stepwise work of this software.
Step- By- Step Working Of The Yahoo Backup Software
You need to execute the following steps to export Yahoo emails to EML :
- Download and Install the SysInfo Yahoo Backup Tool. Run as an administrator to launch this software.
- Enter your Yahoo email id and third-party app password of your Yahoo Mail account and then click on the Sign-in option.
- It shows the Preview of your Yahoo Mail Account folders.
- Now, Select the Folders from the tree structure that you want to export.
- Click on the Next button to proceed further.
- Now, select EML format from the dropdown of the Saves/Backup/Migrate As option.
- Check on the following options if required:
- Remove Duplicate Mail: Check this if you want to delete the repetitive items from selected folders.
- Maintain Folder Hierarchy: Check this option to maintain the original structure of your mail folders.
- Free up Server Space: Check this option to free up the server storage.
- Now, Select these features if required:
- Skip Previously Migrated Items: Check this if to skip the previously backed up data.
- Migrate or Backup Emails Without Attachment Files: It will allow you to backup your data without Attachment Files.
- Set Backup Schedule: Check this option to schedule the backup process as per the given details.
- You can also check on these features to make the process more specific:
- Mail Filter: You can filter the emails between two date ranges.
- Custom Folder Name: Specify the folder name for the backup folders.
- Naming Convention: Select the saving format option from Naming Convention.
- Click on Path To Save option to select the destination path where you want to save the backup folders.
- Now, select the Convert button to start the backup process.
- Finally, you can save the conversion report by selecting the Download Report option. You can also start the process again by clicking on the Convert Again option.
After going through this article, it is clear why many users want to export Yahoo emails to EML file format. It also explained the manual method to configure your Yahoo Mail account in Mozilla Thunderbird so that you can save Yahoo emails as EML files in your system. In the end, you find the prominent features and the detailed stepwise working of the expert solution.