Updated on January 12th, 2021
Summary: In this article, we will try to answer the question How to fix Powerpoint 2019 error- “the File is Corrupt and Cannot Be Opened” or you get a message that “powerpoint found a problem with content”. Let us read how this error can be resolved.
If you are a student, teacher, a working professional or a businessman, you must be aware of the importance of Microsoft powerpoint application in your work life. Some of the presentations that you make can be of utmost importance to you and if lost can make your hard work go down the drain.
Microsoft PowerPoint is application software of the MS Office and is used to present data and information by using text, images, diagrams, graphs with transitional effects, etc. in slides that help to explain the topic or idea in front of audience easily and practically. It acts as a visual tool to present data in a concise form.
In other words, it is used for data and information visualization and presentation. It is another most useful packaged application of MS-Office since the ’90s. It also helps in making reports and analyzing data.
There are many reasons that cause MS Powerpoint corruption. The damage in MS powerpoint files can render them useless and users are not able to open and view them. The most common reasons that can cause damage in PowerPoint file are:
These are the error messages you get when the powerpoint files are damaged.
“PowerPoint found a problem with content. You should save presentations, quit, and then restart PowerPoint.”
“There was an error accessing the file.”
“The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.”
“PowerPoint was unable to display some of the text, images, or objects on the slides in the file FileName.ppt.”
“PowerPoint cannot open the type of file represented by FileName.ppt.”
Below some of the manual methods to get back lost or corrupt MS PowerPoint files are described. Let us take a look.
This method is not entirely safe because by disabling Protected View option, malicious malware from other unknown sites may easily enter the system when any file is downloaded. This can cause virus and malware attack on your system thereby damaging your data files. So, you can go ahead with the other methods discussed below.
You can try this method in case of corrupt PowerPoint files. You can try to insert slides from corrupt ppt into a new one. Just follow these steps given below:
This is a built-in feature available in Powerpoint application. Follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Launch Microsoft PowerPoint application on your PC.
But don’t open the corrupt PowerPoint file.
Step 2: Click File > Open . Or you can press Ctrl+ O.
Step 3: Browse the location where the corrupt PowerPoint file is located and click the file only once to select it. Avoid double-clicking the file as it might open it.
Step 4: Now click on the “Open and Repair” option in the drop-down menu.
1. Find the folder containing presentation file in the Windows Explorer
2. Copy the presentation to another storage media or location as if the presentation is stored on the hard drive, move it to the USB and vice versa.
3. Create a new folder on the drive and try to move the ppt to it.
4. Open the copied file to a new location. Now try to run the file from the recent location.
5. Now check the original location for errors. If you are able to run the file from a new location, it implies that the original location is corrupt
Ppt Viewer is a free application provided by Microsoft to view PowerPoint files. The program may enable you to open the corrupt PowerPoint presentation on Windows.
1. Double-click the PowerPoint viewer file to start the installation process
2. Select the default installation settings and follow the steps asked
3. Start PowerPoint Viewer from the Start menu after installing it
4. Next, navigate through the corrupt PowerPoint presentation and open it in the Viewer
Try opening the PowerPoint in the Safe Mode. This method can help open .ppt files in working mode. You can then view, edit and format the slides as per your requirement. Follow the steps discussed below to repair the corrupt PowerPoint:
1. Click on the Start menu and type powerpoint /safe in the search box and press Enter
2. The PowerPoint will launch with a new blank presentation
3. Ensure that ‘Safe Mode’ appears with the name of the file
4. Click on the File menu and then select Open. Browse the .ppt file and check if it opens in the Safe Mode
If the Ppt file does not open in Safe Mode then you need to reinstall the application from a reliable resource.
The above methods discussed to fix Powerpoint 2019 error- “the File is Corrupt and Cannot Be Opened” and corrupt ppt files caused due to these errors are time taking and require technical know-how by a person. A nontechnical person cannot easily perform these methods to restore corrupt powerpoint files. So, I recommend using a professional Sysinfo tools Powerpoint PPTx Recovery tool to do this job.
# Repair highly corrupt powerpoint files
#Easily recover inaccessible ppt files
#Comes with the preview feature
#Advanced and standard mode
#Compatible with MS powerpoint 2016/19 and Windows 10
As I have discussed various methods that you can use to repair damaged ppt files, it’s a time taking process and very difficult to perform by a non-technical person. So, you can make use of the smart ppt recovery tool to fix Powerpoint 2019 error- “the File is Corrupt and Cannot Be Opened” or PowerPoint found a problem with content.
You can also read:
About The Author:
© Copyrights 2017-2023 by FileRecoveryTips - All Rights Reserved